2015年10月13日星期二

My Reading and Writing Experience


My Reading and Writing Experience

            Since I was young, I have been taught to be a girl who listens to my parents. Everything have both advantages and disadvantages. It was good to be a nice girl, but when I grow up, I feel like I have always been controlled by my parents. I listened to them and learned art as a major for so many years, but now I realize my dream is to become a biologist but not an artist. I want to invent tree houses and use environment to make a perpetual motion machine. It is hard to describe the machine but that is what I truly want to study. As many Chinese parents, they encouraged me reading more books. I did. But after I went to middle school, so much pressures and homework made me didn’t have enough time to read. So, most books in my shelfs are story books. Recently I am reading The Hunger Games and The Life of Pi. I watched these two movies first then started to read the books. The movies deeply attracted me and made me wanted to read the books.

            Writing is part of my life. I write diary every day but everything are in Chinese. English is still a second language for me. When I am reading there are always some nice sentences that make me want to collect them and write them down.

            I love reading. It makes me calm down when I have too many pressures also it is a good way to kill time. I borrowed The Hunger Games from library last week. Since I already watched the movies and finished reading this book in Chinese, the English one became easy to understand. I found it is a good way to watch the movie first and then read the book. Because when I meet some complex words, it would be moor easy to understand the meaning of it. Like “tribute” and “reaping day”. Tribute means those children who were chosen to join the hunger game and reaping day means the day to choose those children. If I have never watched the movie, I might think reaping day means the day when people get vegetables and fruits.

            Even though I love books but I don’t read a lot. I prefer to spend my free time on doing Yoga. I love adventure books because this kind of books’ plots are exciting and always tells people some truth. For example, The Life of Pie. Pie told everyone that he spent his journey with a tiger. The zebra and monkey was killed by a spotted hyena. However some readers found that actually the zebra was the Japanese mariner, he jumped into the lifeboat and broke his leg. Pi’s father who was the hyena tried to be alive and killed the mariner. His mom who was the monkey tried to against his father but was also killed by his father accidently. Pi could not stand what his father did so he killed his father. Then everything make sense. His father gave animals sleeping pills and all the mariners except the Japanese one ate the meat so they did not wake up when the storm came. Pi told the monkey that it’s children would be fine under the sea was because his brother died. He did not told other people the truth was because this disaster was related to his father. Even though no one knows what really happened except Pi but I still learned the evil of human nature.

            Station Eleven was the only book I have ever read in English for a class and I have to say I do not really like it. If Persepolis count as a book, I like it more. But World Cultures’ text book is more attractive. It always tells us the knowledge by telling a story. There are also people’s portrait and maps on the side of passage that help me to understand and remember it.

            Reading and writing change a person’s personality and make people’s knowledge become more plentiful.

没有评论:

发表评论