2016年2月28日星期日

Review of Once On This Island

Review of Once On This Island
This is the first time for me to watch a musical. Before I watch this musical I have only watched the Sound of Music which kind of counts as a musical but it is actually a movie. As a foreigner, it is hard to watch a musical, even if as a native speaker, I some time don’t understand what a Chinese singer is singing. As a result, knowing the plot first is especially necessary. However, there are also lots of benefits of musical like audiences’ emotion can be influenced by music even if they don’t understand the plot.
            Since I already learned about the plot of this music, I kind of already understand it. The name of this musical is really special and attractive. The name is Once On This Island, it sounds like “Once upon a time…” It makes me so curious about what is going to happen. Also when I was watching it, it gives me a magical feeling because of the gods, performers’ dressing, the background… I can see how hard these people worked. They had to sing for 2 hours and have so many words to remember, some of them not only had to sing, they also had to dance. I think I really like this performance and admire these people and the organizers. I watched the last show on Sunday, some of my friends watched it on Saturday and Friday. They all suggested me to watch it. Olivia is one of them, she told me that this is the best performance she has ever seen after she came to Cheshire Academy.
Just like many of my friends said, they started take serious about a relationship. I was wondering does Daniel really loved Ti Moune? If he really loved her, why does he married Andrea? There are no family rules Daniel has to obey, they can elope or there must be some other ways for them to live together. I think there are only two reasons, one is Daniel is not that into Ti Moune, the other is they bow to reality. The performance shows a really true life story, many couples can’t get marry because one of they doesn’t love the other or their life doesn’t allows them to marry. It also shows a theory which is people who are in different class have so many difference, no matter on their life habits, their outlook of life, sense of worth, moral outlook are all different. One of the reason I like this musical is that Daniel married Andrea not Ti Moune. I don’t Ti Moune and Daniel will have a happy ending if they get marrie.
I have to say I was shocked by this musical cause I never thought students have this ability to perform such an awesome musical. When I was in China, no students really involve in the activity like this. Some of them were shy to sing, some rely on teacher so much. The students in my school can’t make the same performance even if they have a year time. After watching it, I can feel every one in this group is involving, they are all trying to show their best. Without this musical, I can never know there are so many talent singers in my school. From my point of view, I think musical is better then drama. With music, the performance has one more way for performers to express feelings, and the audience has a better to feel the emotion.



没有评论:

发表评论