2016年2月26日星期五

Writing canter visit

After went to Writing center, I learned a lot and improved. Ms. Swift gave me many suggestions and helped me to delete the useless part. Go to writing center is very necessary when you are writing an essay, not only for correcting the grammar but also for improving your writing skills.

Before I went there, I was not sure what my thesis is and there was no ending sentence after each paragraph which made my essay not complete. Also, my thesis was not strong enough. All I wrote was what I learned from class: how Lorenzo changed, what happened in Me and You, what  my feeling was about the story. I have to  say that I don't really understand this movie which makes me doesn't like it at all. I had so many questions about this book but I was afraid to ask. I was wondering why Lorenzo choose to stay in basement rather a better place, I was wondering why does the writer wrote this book. When my class started to read this book, my class asked the same question and the answer we got was “ what do you think?” The teacher said we will get the answer while we are reading but I didn't.

After I went to the writing canter, I learned many new words like symbiosis and metaphor. Firstly, I have never thought about why does Lorenzo’s real reason to choose to stay in basement. I used to think about this question from my point, I thought it is more convenient to see what his parents are doing. However, the right way is to thing form writer’s view. I found out that the basement is a metaphor for Lorenzo’s own small world. He hided inside means he was staying in his own world. Olivia came to basement means she came to Lorenzo’s world and helped him to walked out side. Secondly, when I was telling Ms. Swift about the relationship in the book and the movie, she asked me what relationship are they in. A loving relationship? A caring relationshipA friend relationship?  Then I started to think what relationship are they exactly in. Since the article talks how the main character has changed, I always thought about the Lorenzo and Hazel but doesn’t really care about Olivia and Gus. Ms. Swift mentioned me that changes are always a two way thing. Their relationship can’t just be caring relationship, moreover, a symbiosis relationship. In their relationship, Gus and Olivia was also changed. Just like in our real life, when we are helping some one to change, we are always changing by them.

The writing center visit gives me many good suggestions about how to write an essay next time. I always have to keep asking me questions when I am reading. Why does the author write like this? And later on, when I am writing, I need to ask myself do I really understand this book and what is the think I truly want to write. After asking all these questions, I can have a clear analysis for this book so that I can make a good essay.

没有评论:

发表评论