2016年5月22日星期日

Theater Review

I have to say this is the best comedy in English ever also the only comedy I’ve watched. The comedy doesn’t start with their first show but with two people introduce the whole comedy, one introduces the whole thing and speaks a lot, the other reply. It is kind of similar with a Chinese traditional comedy called Cross Talk is also played by only 2 people.

To be honest, every time I finished watch musical, comedy, drama, I feel awful. Not because of the play because they are all awesome but because my English is too bad. There are too many jokes that I can’t understand, some because of unfamiliar words, some because of culture. As a international student, I was taught by different culture, I don’t really know who Trump’s daughter is, or how crazy a Christian could be, I don’t even know the joke “Knock, knock. Whose there?” until I come to America. This comedy once again makes me feel my distance with American culture further. This is not the comedy’s fault obviously. But it really makes me realize I have to learn English hardly to join this place where I am going to live for 10 more years. I don’t want to be a normal international student who looks dumb and pretend to understand jokes. I don’t want to look so stupid and I don’t want other people know I don’t understand what they said so I could only pretend laughing when those Americans are laughing. But this makes me feel so embarrass and looks even more like a mutt.


Back to the comedy, it is awesome, especially the Morning Meeting. Every one who sits there or stands on the stage really looks like teacher. For Zola, her dog, her pink Crocs, Her red hair, her yellow scarf is really Ms.Minahan’s style. I recognize her plays Ms. Minahan immediately! Also John’s role who is Mr. Dykeman is good. The iconic gray CA shirt and the DD coffee is what we see him wearing almost every morning meet. Also the pose he stands beside the lectern is so alike. I can see every one in this comedy works really hard. They did not only wear teachers’ cloth but also shows audiences teachers’ accents, emotions, movements, and also words they usually say. I believe morning meeting is what students in CA remember the most clearly after they graduate.


没有评论:

发表评论